Thursday 2 February 2012

When Life Hands You Lemons...

Yes, in case you are wondering, it has been one of "those" days.  <Sigh!>

As a result, in addition to furiously trying to make lemonade today, I decided to also use my watercolours and pencils to pay homage to the role that lemons play in our lives.  As such, I present:



I'm aware this isn't the best lemon ever and am happy to admit the background is rather lacking.  I think this actually makes the picture even better given that sometimes, making something sweet out of something sour can be a rather hard thing to do.  (I just thought I'd take a moment to reassure you that I really don't mind it isn't my best painting ever, as I consider there's nothing worse sometimes than having a bitter lemon. ;-))

Rather than making me feel worse, this lemon actually makes me feel like there is potential in there to go on and create an even BETTER lemon in the future, so stay tuned for one-day when I attempt this study again with hopefully far more satisfying results!

Thanks for stopping by, I'm off now to sip a cool glass of water with a fresh slice of the star attaction from the above picture before I pick the kids up from school!

Kate
x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for reading and taking the time to comment. I get so excited and love reading what you have to say!