Tuesday 31 January 2012

Feeling Renewed

Well sort of.  I have just got back into running in an effort to ward of a "Mummy Tummy" that seems to be developing at an ever increasing rate (with fat, not with baby - don't go getting any ideas!) and to assist with regaining my vitality.

As such, it seemed appropriate to try and create something that was symbolic of renewal, since that's what I'm trying to do with my body and I like to draw or paint things that have a personal meaning to me.

I did a quick Google search and Eureka!, came up with the concept to draw a peacock feather.  You see, the peacock is a bird which is incredibly symbolic for a number of different cultures throughout the world.

One of the peacock's symbolism's is that of renewal.  (Supposedly because a peacock loses and replenishes its feathers every year.  I'm not sure whether that is true or not - it sounds quite convincing though, you must admit.)  Perfect!  So, I pulled out my pencils and set about creating for an hour or two.  The result:




In my head, the feather looked spectacular!  The reality....?  I think I like it.  I have to think about it.  Maybe I like the concept, just not the execution.  Oh well, I guess I can't expect everything to always work out just because I want it too.    Now, what's a symbol for persistence?

Thanks for stopping by, I hope you'll  stop by again soon!

Kate
x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for reading and taking the time to comment. I get so excited and love reading what you have to say!