Tuesday 5 June 2012

The Dream

Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world. ~Harriet Tubman




I really enjoyed creating this picture today using my Faber Castell Polychromos pencils on good old A4 Reflex paper.  (I'm all out of the good stuff and sometimes creativity doesn't wait for a trip to the shops.) 

I thought I'd try a departure from my usual "reasonably realistic" style of painting and try something with a little more of a fantasy, art-deco flavour.  Gosh, I LOVED IT!  The colours, the patterns - wow, wow, wow.  I now feel like I need to try it again.  (Sometime.)

It was incredibly therapeutic.  It's days like today that I realise why I love my art so much - creating is like a dream in action.  Bliss!

Hope you are having a lovely week.  Thanks for stopping by, I'll see you soon,

Kate

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Atta! I'm glad you like it. I have a lot of fun creating and writing it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for reading and taking the time to comment. I get so excited and love reading what you have to say!