Friday 1 June 2012

Useless Things Have Value Too - Part II

Hello!


You may recall a week or two ago I started a painting of some lilies after being inspired by this quote: 


"Remember that the most beautiful things in the world are the most useless; peacocks and lilies for instance. " ~ John Ruskin

(You can read more about my view of the world and in relation to this quote and see the first under-painting by clicking here.)

After a couple of weeks feeling poorly (I know, I know - poor me!), I was finally feeling well enough to be able to make it to art class last night and work some more on my lily painting. Following a couple of hours painting, here is where I'm up to now. Behold:

  

Pretty big changes from the first under-painting, hey?  Hopefully for the better.  I'm pleased that at least I'm starting to feel like it is ever so slightly starting to take shape now.  There is still so much more to do though.  I'm starting to have a feeling that this could be one of those "never ending" type paintings that sometimes happen - you know - never quite finished - always just that little bit more to do?  Oh well.  At least I'm enjoying it!

Anyway, thanks ever so much for stopping by.  I'm now off to contemplate whether I should buy these to pep up meal times*:

food-fight-spoon.jpg


Yes, I know they are impractical and most likely utterly useless.  However, given the title of this thread, in some ways, that's kinda the point.  

Have a great weekend, I'll see you soon!

Kate
x

*Dear children of mine, if you should read this, please be advised under no circumstances are you or will you ever be allowed to flick mummy with broccoli. Ever.  I mean it!  Broccoli is good for you, you hear?! A power-food if you will. Please note that the same applies for brussel sprouts and cabbage.

I do, however, give you permission to fling the cooked carrots at each other, as their texture never really appealed to me either. (As long as you clean up the mess afterwards.) Mummy x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for reading and taking the time to comment. I get so excited and love reading what you have to say!