Tuesday 7 August 2012

I Heard Pastel Was In Fashion This Season...

I did!  I really did!  I heard the jewel tones of last year are on the way out.  Bit of a shame really.  I was getting quite attached to wearing emerald green and bright pink!

Still, I took this fashion revelation to be a sign that I should drag out my pastel pencils and give painting another try.  After an hour or so of creating, this is what I came up with:



Whatcha think?  I think I'm getting better at painting eyes, however this painting made me well and truly realise that currently, I am truly crappola at painting hair.  This annoys me.

In fact, my "lack of-hair-prowess" annoys me so much that I'm going to confess something slightly "dark" about myself:  I'm jealous of people who have perfect hair - both in real life and on canvas.   If you have perfect hair or can paint perfect hair - yes, I'm a big enough person that we can still be friends, however you should know that I will always look at your hair (in person or on canvas) and say "Dang!  Why can't my hair be like that?!"

Oh well, there's nothing wrong with a good old cow-lick right on your part, right?

Thanks so much for stopping by!

I'll see you 'round soon,

Kate
x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for reading and taking the time to comment. I get so excited and love reading what you have to say!