Wednesday 8 August 2012

Not Throwing Paint: Finished!


"Life is a blank canvas, and you need to throw all the paint on it you can." 
~ Danny Kaye


Hello!

I hope this finds you well and happy.  I'm happy!  The sun is shining.  The birds are singing.  The kids are at school...  At this precise moment, life is good.



I've had a lot of fun working on this painting the past few days.  Honestly, every time I pulled out my paints I smiled.  You've gotta love that about art.

I must admit that I got a little stuck for inspiration initially after I posted my half finished picture here last week.  I just couldn't for the life of me work out how to make it look interesting and full of vitality or how to pull it all together.  I think the reason is because I got a little frightened.  Just to be clear, I mean 'frightened' in an artistic sense, not in a scary two-eyed-six-legged-monster-with-big-claws-and-fangs sense.

You see, I think I've reached that point of artistic development where I now realise that I can be off to a tremendous start with a painting and then suddenly have everything go terribly wrong quicker than I can say "Supercalifragilisticexpealidoscious". Or "Darn it!" even.  So, I took a big breath, steadied my breathing and calmed my shaking hand and set about throwing paint on the canvas.   Throwing figuratively I mean, not literally.  Don't get me started on *that* issue again...

This little artwork is very different from how I usually paint, so I'm pleasantly surprised to say that I really like it.  It makes me smile.  Hopefully it makes you smile.  If it does, that's enough for me.

Anyway, thanks very much for stopping by and seeing what I've been up to.

May the sun be shining and the birds be singing where you live too!

Kate
x

2 comments:

  1. I love this! It's line of trees in the distance gives it great landscape depth....
    The colours are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much for your super kind words TreeHugger71, I'm excited you like it! Thanks for taking the time to comment on my painting.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for reading and taking the time to comment. I get so excited and love reading what you have to say!