Sunday 22 April 2012

Poppy #1

Hello!

Hope you've had a wonderfully relaxing weekend.

After going to a moving ANZAC day ceremony at my children's school last Friday, I felt like I needed to try and artistically represent one of the symbols, a red poppy.


I thought I'd give it a try in watercolour.  Much to my disappointment, I'm afraid it hasn't really worked. I'm not sure it even looks like a flower, let alone a beautiful symbol representing sacrifice.

As such, I am determined that I shall try painting or drawing a poppy again over the next couple of days, hopefully with far more pleasing and satisfying results.

Stay tuned to see if I can pull it off...

Thanks for stopping by!

Kate
x


PS:  ANZAC day has special meaning to me and my family, so please forgive me for the absence of silly puns and observations over the next few days.  Making fun doesn't really seem appropriate.  I'm sure to be back to my usual style of writing and expression after the 25th.  Hope you understand.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for reading and taking the time to comment. I get so excited and love reading what you have to say!