Thursday 31 May 2012

Feeling Exposed

Oh. My. Goodness.

Can I just say that today's post would have to be one of the most scary artistic endeavours I think I have EVER attempted?  I'm sure it was good for me, just like eating my vegetables, but by-jimminy, I'm not sure how long it will be before I'll try that again.




In case you aren't sure, today's post is meant to be a drawing of a little boy.

I'm sure you're wondering, Kate, pretty simply line drawing, so why the dramatic title?

Well, it's like this.

By using pen I am putting it all on the line (pun intended) to see if I can draw a child that actually looks semi-human.  That's scary.

And then imagine upping the stress levels by drawing away knowing that there is no "Mister Rubber" to remove any slip of the pen and the use of "Miss White out" would be well and truly cheating.

And then finally consider that you decided to make life even harder on yourself by not using a ruler to measure the distances between spaces. So you are not sure whether your child is actually going to end up looking like a gorilla.  Or a goldfish.

Honestly, after all that, is it any wonder I'm now thinking I need someone to come and peel me some grapes, pour me a glass of wine and gently rub my shoulders (which are up around my ears).

And finally, can someone please tell me how to get that song "Barenaked" by Jennifer Love Hewitt out of my head.  It is really starting to annoy...

See you soon!

Kate
x




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for reading and taking the time to comment. I get so excited and love reading what you have to say!