Thursday 22 November 2012

The "Don't Know if I can Bother Finishing It" Painting

Hi There

Ever have one of those days?  You know the ones - You start something, feeling full of energy and gusto, yet as you work, you can slowly just kinda feel the energy draining away until you reach a point of  thinking to yourself "Think I'll stop now and have a packet of crisps."  (Can you tell I'm trying to be on a diet? ;-)

The "For some strange reason, I think it probably looks better here than in real life painting"
AKA "The Kate got bored painting"

Is it because I have finally reached the point of having painted enough sunflowers to last me a life-time?  Is it because I am psychic and when you clicked open this post and thought to yourself "Stop Kate!  Enough with the $*&!@ Sunflower Paintings, already!" I actually "heard" you and that is why I put down my pastels?  Or is it just because I'm in one of "those" moods? Who knows. I can't be bothered trying to analyse it.

Whatever the reason may be I don't feel like finishing this painting, I just have to say that it this ability to stop any-time I want that is one of the things I really like about my experiments this past year or so with all things art.

Thanks for stopping by to see what I've been up to these last couple of days.

Kate
x
PS: I am pleased to announce that I did actually manage to finish eating the packet of crisps.  See, I can complete *some* tasks!

4 comments:

  1. I would finish it Kate. In fact I think it is great and quite dramatic. It is a fairly complex composition....perhaps that is why you are having a bit of difficulty. But carry on....it will be worth the effort. Cheers, Ellen paxton

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kate...was just going to say that I will finish that packet of crisps for you to remove the temptation...but then I see that you managed that by yourself...the eating that is, not the rising beyond temptation :)
    I really like this painting....it looks to me like those sunflowers are just heat drenched and I love that the petals are almost like licks of flames. Very clever. Looking forward to seeing this completed please...no pressure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is very striking. I hope you finished it! Enjoyed looking through your blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you very much Kari. I adore your work and your talent and am thrilled that you took the time to look at and comment on my amateur efforts!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for reading and taking the time to comment. I get so excited and love reading what you have to say!