Monday 5 November 2012

Very Nearly Finished Girl!

Hi There

After months of waiting patiently for me to get my act together, I bet you were starting to think I'd ~never~ finish my latest painting, didn't you? For a while there, I must admit that I was starting to wonder myself.

I confess that I was living in a near blissful state of procrastination with my half finished painting on my easel until Mother Nature managed to make me so feel incredibly guilty, that I just had to get my act together. I bet you are wondering, 'Kate - How on earth can the big M.N. be responsible for this?' Well, it's like this...

All the beautiful jacaranda trees around Brisneyland have been in spectacular bloom these past few weeks.  Because of this, from the moment I look out my bedroom window first thing in the morning, until I close my bedroom curtains at night, all I can see is this beautiful haze of purple. A haze of purple which continually reminded me that I hadn't finished my latest jacaranda painting.* Way to go, Mother Nature for making me feel guilty inspiring me to take action!   Following a couple of hours work this morning, I present to you my nearly finished painting.  The current working title for this artwork is "Don't You Forget About Me"  (Love my 80's Simple Minds music!):

Don't You Forget About Me (I'll Be Alone, Dancing, You Know It Baby...)
Looking at it now, I think I like this painting.  It's hard, because I'm so used to it that I currently can't see it with fresh eyes.   To try and rectify this, I'll put it away for a couple of days and then bring it out, to see if I can see any little spots here and there that require attention.  In the meanwhile, what do you think?  Like it?  Stuffed it up?  Any areas that require particular attention or parts of the painting that are "rooly special"?
I'd love to know!  Don't be shy now...

Anyway, thanks ever so much for stopping by, I'll be sure to see you around again soon!

Kate
x
* I swear, the feeling was worse than when I hear the following exciting exchange between my children in a car trip to the shops: "Mum - Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? When will we get there? When will we get there?  OUCH - You hit me!  No, it *wasn't* an accident! I'm gonna dob!  No, *you're* not dobbing, I'm dobbing!  MUM!  MUM! WAAAAAAAH!!!"

2 comments:

  1. Very BrisVegas! Must be exam time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, that is so funny, it never occurred to me before that jacaranda in blooms = exams! So true! (Can you tell that I didn't grow up in Brisneyland? Where I come from, it was when the fluff starts falling from certain species of trees, that exams were on! ;-))

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for reading and taking the time to comment. I get so excited and love reading what you have to say!