Tuesday 30 October 2012

My (Hopefully) International RAOK - Part 3

Hello There Beautiful People of the World!

Today's foray into 'Kate's Crazy Art World' (I so should copyright that phrase!) brings Part 3 of my quest to do something nice for someone I don't know. (For anyone who is not aware of the background story, click  here to read about my incredibly noble intentions.) I'm sad to say that whilst I still think this is a great idea, I'm starting to lose confidence that it is actually going to work.  Boo! Don't you just hate it when that happens?

The big thing is - I think the actual painting looks kinda OK so far.  The problem is more that I'm concerned my painting doesn't actually look like the lady I'm trying to render.  Here, have a look so you can see what I mean. Just here is my lady, to the stage where I've nearly finished her face (still a bit of hair and earring/ear rendering to go):




And here is the reference photo:




Botheration and <Sigh>!   Looking on the bright side, at least her eyes are looking a little more balanced than my earlier posts about this painting.  Surely that outweighs any "likeness" issues, right? ;-)

There's quite a way to go yet before I can call her finished, but I have to be honest with you all and say that much to my dismay, I'm not sure this one is gonna make it to the final grand post-office send off...  Still, I'm won't give up just yet, I'll see what a bit more pastel and hopefully a lot more inspiration can achieve.

Thanks so much for stopping by! Stay tuned for an update over the next few days where I hope to unveil the finished picture.  I think I may put it out to vote whether she flies across the ocean or flies across the room into the garbage bin.  Whatcha think?

Kate
x

2 comments:

  1. The drawing is beautiful - it would be an amazing gift to receive from someone you do not know on the other side of the world! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your comment Ruth! I'm glad you think so, 'cause just quietly I'm still freaking out! ;-)

      Delete

Thank you very much for reading and taking the time to comment. I get so excited and love reading what you have to say!