Tuesday 16 October 2012

Half Finished Girl!

Why Hello There!

I am pleased to announce that further to my "Quarter Finished Girl" post last week, I have moved on to complete some more work on my latest painting of a jacaranda.  Here...... Have a look:




I am looking at this painting and am feeling like I'm making some good progress.  The thing is, I'm still not happy.  I can't help but feel it needs more light, more movement, more energy.  Still, I'll keep working at it and hopefully I can come up with something that I'll be happy with in the end.

Now, I know you are probably wondering what happened to the pencil drawing of the beautiful girl I was also completing in my earlier post about quarter-finished-artistic-pursuits.  I have to say she was coming along swimmingly well, until dinner one evening a few nights ago when I accidentally spilt some spaghetti bolognaise sauce right in the middle of her face.  Oooopsies!  Don't you just love it when motherhood and art collide?

I tell you, it's one of the perils of art and working at the kitchen table when hungry.  C'est la vie!

Thanks so much for stopping by, I hope to see you 'round here soon in the near future.

Kate
x




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for reading and taking the time to comment. I get so excited and love reading what you have to say!