Tuesday 24 May 2011

Will It All End In Tears? First Landscape, Part 1


My tears of frustration, that is. 

It's been a week or two since I last painted anything, so I decided to get my act together and try to use acrylics again on canvas. 

I quickly discovered one minor issue though... the canvas I want to use is a weird, extremely narrow, rectangular shape and all my ideas for paintings were for big, wide, rectangles or squares.  Still, that was not going to deter me(!), so I decided to look through a couple of old photo albums.  It didn't take long to come up with this little beauty:


Aw - isn't it pretty?!

I thought this picture, taken a couple of years ago in the Lakes District, England, may just work on my narrow, Aussie size 6 canvas. (Size 6, is because if this canvas was a dress size, that's what it'd be!) 

Whilst I was still feeling inspired, I quickly started my latest artistic project.

Righto!  First step: Paint the background.

Done! 

Except I'm not happy.  


Yes - that IS a tub of margarine in the corner of the picture!

I keep telling myself not to panic, that this painting will get better.  But, the tiny negative voice in my head keeps asking, 'What if it doesn't'?  Oh well.  I guess I've got to give it a "proper" try before I give up, right?! 

Stay tuned for the next installment in a couple of days, where you'll discover whether I ended up tightly curled in a little ball in the corner, or running around my house with glee and jubilation.

Who knows?  Only time will tell!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for reading and taking the time to comment. I get so excited and love reading what you have to say!