Monday 30 May 2011

The Incomplete, Completed Painting: First Landscape, Part 4

Over the weekend, I finally reached a point where I felt like there was nothing more I could do to add any additional value to my landscape painting.

I then applied this notion as a form of warped logic and promptly declared the painting complete. (Or maybe I just admitted defeat, I'm not sure). 



Behold!  Kate's "I'm not sure I'm finished" Landscape Painting
 













Gee-whiz, this painting makes me feel perplexed.  I think it is because I like it and detest it in equal parts.  Worse, I'm not sure what parts I like and what parts I detest! Grrrr.  I hate conundrums.

I think I need to think about it some more as to whether I hang this up on my lounge room wall.  Oh well, I'll put this one down to a learning experience.  Any words of wisdom?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for reading and taking the time to comment. I get so excited and love reading what you have to say!