Friday 11 November 2011

Roses Are Red

Roses are red,
Violets are blue,
Watercolour frustrates me
So much I could puke.






Seriously.  It's true.  Anyone who has read any of my previous watercolour posts knows that this medium is my artistic nemesis.  And being a stubborn little soul, I *refuse* to surrender.  Never! Never!  Never!

Thanks for stopping by and seeing what my husband says "Definitely resembles a flower, Kate".  I guess that's progress on some of my earlier attempts.  For at least he didn't come home and say "I love your abstract, dear!".  Right?  Right?! You still with me?  Or am I kidding myself?  Oh well, doesn't matter - that's one of he things I love about art - you can always try again tomorrow if it doesn't work today.  Yay! ;-)

Hope you have a fabulous weekend, I hope to see you around soon!

Kate
x


PS:  Oh My Goodness!  I just realised that this is my hundredth post.  How cool is that?!  I can't believe I've created and written about one hundred little paintings, doodles, sketches, flops and masterpieces since April this year.  For all who have been reading about my creations - it's been a pleasure sharing it with you all.  Here's to the next hundred! 

1 comment:

  1. CONGRATULATIONS on your 100th post Kate! From your friend at scathingweekly.blogspot.com (by the way, I love the painting... it's so gentle but vibrant. Gorgeous!)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for reading and taking the time to comment. I get so excited and love reading what you have to say!