Monday 7 November 2011

Undecided and I Need Your Help!

Hello!

Today's post features a couple of images I'd really love some feedback on from you.

Why?

Because, frankly, I'm in a pickle and I'm not sure where to go from here.

You see, I'm trying to paint a gift for someone close to me.  Feeling all inspired, I've tried to paint two versions of the below image using different styles and mediums.  (Please be aware that today's images are merely a first draft and I am hoping that this will be useful practice towards a decent final work of art. So anything and everything can be changed.)

Your mission is to tell me if you were to receive this image as a gift, which version/style/medium would you prefer to receive?  If you have the energy, why?  (If  can't be bothered to go into detail, that's ok, I understand -  I'm just curious, that's all.)

So, without further ado, please meet my two contenders:

A. Ms Pastel

Ms Pastel is a strong minded medium who knows what she wants and how she is going to get it.  Her greatest wish is for world peace.

OR......

B. Ms Watercolour

 Ms Watercolour is a gentle individual who aspires to provide a nurturing and restful scene for all of (wo)mankind.  Her greatest wish is also for world peace.

So, who gets your vote?

A

or

B

?
?
?

You can vote by leaving a comment at the end of the post.  It's really easy, I promise.  And yes, you can leave a comment as being from anonymous. I don't mind!

Finally, if you've never commented before and are now pondering whether you are actually going to vote or not - please do, because I'll be mighty sad if no-one does.  (And deep down, you really wouldn't want to hurt me, would you?  I mean, you wouldn't really want to make me cry would you?*)

Anyway, thanks ever so much for stopping by, I hope to see you around soon!

Kate
x

*I double dare you to click on the above link after you've voted.  See if you can guess what it is before you click! Trust me, it's gold.  Pure gold....  ;-)

7 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sorry came out wrong in last post

    Both Stephen & I like the first one more.

    Its got stronger colours and the purple mountain has a lovely depth.

    You have done a great job on the sky as well.

    The water colour seems a bit "shy" for our tastes.

    Mind you neither of us is particularly artistic so I am not sure if our opinions would help :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the warmer colours. It will stand out more and reminds me of the Glasshouse Mountains.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd love to have either, but if I could choose it would definitely be B. Purple is my favorite color, plus I love the gentleness it portrays, and sort of a calmness, serenity. Definitely B.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I vote B... but that is probably because of the extreme purpleness. If you purpled up the pastel, I *may* like that one better. You and watercolours have been through a lot together, so I think it is only fair that they be the medium for your gift;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmm... I like A better but B is very nice too. I love the colour choice in A. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just added your web page to my bookmarks. I enjoy reading your posts. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for reading and taking the time to comment. I get so excited and love reading what you have to say!