Friday 16 March 2012

My Dress Obsession Confession

I have a confession to make:  I LOVE clothes.   In fact, I would go so far as to confess to being a closet girly-girly-girly-girl. (Closet, because I sometimes wear skirts and jeans. Sometimes I even wear sneakers.  And whilst I try to do my hair and make-up every day, sometimes I have days where I simply can't be bothered.)

Anyway, back to the post.  Given my love for all things girly, it seemed fitting (pun intended) to draw and paint one of my favourite girly items in the whole entire world - the (not so) humble dress.  I chose the 1950's as my style inspiration for this latest little doodle, because I love the feminine form of the these dresses.  The dress was created using a mix of watercolour paints and watercolour pencils and it was completed last week in Ms Kathy's art class.


I'm afraid just like with Sharpie (aka my felt tip pen) in my last post, I got a tad carried away with using the watercolour pencils.  In case you are now wondering - No, I'm not sure what is going on with my sudden obsession with crazy backgrounds, but I'm assuming it is just a phase that I'll grow out of.

Incidentally, this was the first time I've used watercolour pencils since I was a tiny little girl when my mother used to have a tin of them and would let me use them sometimes, if I was being especially well behaved and promised to always put them back in the tin when I was finished.   I am sure you'll be relieved to know that I was very well behaved when I used them in Ms Kathy's art class, and I ensured I put all the pencils back in the tin when I was finished.  Just like all those years ago, I found the pencils really fun to use and would urge you to give them a try if you haven't done so.  You can create marvellous effects depending on how hard you colour in, how much water you apply and the type of brushwork you use.

Anyway, thanks so much for stopping by and seeing my latest creation.

Have a wonderful weekend and I'll see you next week!

Kate
x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for reading and taking the time to comment. I get so excited and love reading what you have to say!