Sunday 11 March 2012

Pastel Under Pressure #5: The Pity Party Edition

Goodness....

Is it just me, or has anyone else noticed that when "Mummy Goes Down" the entire household descends into utter chaos?

Or, is the household (that would be hubby and kids) are functioning perfectly well without me while I lay curled up in bed feeling dreadful, and it's just that I feel so awful that it seems like the house is in chaos when it really isn't?  Does what I've just written make any sense?  Gosh, these are certainly things for me to ponder at 2am the next time I can't sleep.

Yes, people, I hate to say it, but it's true.  Today's Pastel Under Pressure (PUP) edition has been inspired by my very own pity-party for one.

[For those of you who are wondering what on earth I'm talking about when I refer to PUP, click here to have a look at an earlier edition where I explain all.  For those who know what I'm talking about, read on...]


I know I must be sick because I found myself involuntarily singing the chorus of You Light Up My Life (Debbie Boone version), as I went about creating my little lighthouse pastel creation.  Because my throat is so sore, I sounded like a cat on a fence at midnight after one too many cans of Whiskers.  Lucky no-one was around to hear at the time is all I can say. It was created on textured Canson pastel paper using Conte and Art-Spectrum pastels.  This was the finished product when the beeper went off:





Ironically, for feeling dreadful and only 15 minutes worth of work, I actually think my little lighthouse pastel has turned out rather well.  Thanks for the inspiration Debbie!

I don't know about you, but ultimately the big thing about being sick is that it makes you grateful for everyone who cares for you and looks after you when you are feeling vulnerable.  So I'd like to say a big thank you to my lovely hubby and children for caring for me these past couple of days.

And I'd also like to sing out a big thank you to you for bothering to click on this post and see what I've been busy creating.  I really appreciate it.

On that heart-filled, slightly delirious note, I'll say thanks for stopping by and I hope to see you again soon.

I'm going back to bed.

Kate
x

2 comments:

  1. Fairy from Organised Castle14 March 2012 at 06:21

    Hi Kate

    It has been forever since I dropped by - slack, I know, but how fortuitous that your latest piece is a lighthouse - one of my great loves!

    This is a gorgeous little piece and it is perfect. Well done!

    We are planning our holiday for later in the year and hope to go to Maine (north-east USA) and go lighthouse-hopping up the coast (62 lighthouses in a few hundred miles - Wow!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Fairy, how lovely for you to come back and visit me. I'm so glad you like my little light-house study.

    Your holiday sounds absolutely wonderful. I can just imagine you amongst all that wonderful scenery!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for reading and taking the time to comment. I get so excited and love reading what you have to say!