Wednesday 8 June 2011

Deep In Thought

That's the title of today's charcoal study that took me around 45 minutes to create: 


Deep in Thought
 
Nope, in case you are wondering, she isn't anybody I know.  Do you happen to know her?

Being serious for a moment now, I should let you know that the most important thing I wanted to achieve with this artwork was the creation of a mood, which was expressed via an image of a woman deep in thought. I'm pleased that (in my mind) I have managed to achieve this objective.

In fact, when I look at her now, I can't help but wonder what she is thinking. 

Hmmm, I'd say she's thinking along the lines of  "Help! Kate has done something weird to my shoulder", or, "Careful, I think my head is about to snap off!" or something equally significant like that.

As you can gather by my previous comment, yes, dear reader, I am acutely aware that much to my chagrin, the proportions and lighting of my lady still require further development.  Despite this, I'm really pleased to see that my people are starting to look a little more life-like, rather than the strange alien-like creations of early this year.  Yay - progress at last! 

Finally, one last, incy-wincy, teeny-weeny little request - Can I ask that you check back on my blog, this Friday, 10th of June?  I have a special pastel creation that I am really proud of that I'd like you to see.  It is a good feeling to finally have something to post on here that I am actually really pleased with.  On that note - I hope to see you then! :-)

1 comment:

  1. I like it - you have definitely captured the mood of "deep in thought" in my mind. Maybe the neck looks a little long, but at the same time you do have the artistic liberty to move away from exact proportions when trying to elicit a particular feeling.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for reading and taking the time to comment. I get so excited and love reading what you have to say!