Monday 20 June 2011

Not Quite a Feather in My Cap - Gentle Mixed Media Exploration

Are you suddenly feeling ticklish?
Today's post features a couple of teeny-tiny mixed media works.   (Because my husband just looked confused when he read the title, my understanding is that mixed media is when you combine two or more different artistic mediums in the one work of art.)  Here, for example, I under-painted using watercolour, and then used pastel over the top in an attempt to create an interesting effect.

If, when you look at these two painting/pastelly artworks, you think "Ho-hum, Kate- I've certainly seen better artworks from my cousin's- uncle's-nephew's-niece's- pony-named-Patch," please, don't feel guilty.  I don't mind and I agree with you.

These artworks are featured because I committed to myself and to you that I would post on here both my triumphs and my (ahem) "requires development" works of art.  That way, when we're all old and terribly decrepit, we (oh, alright, when I'm old and terribly decrepit - you'll probably have better things to do with your time!), I/we can look back on the early days of my artistic journey and see how far I've come.  Or not.  Only time will tell. 
I'm now busily debating whether I should quit this mixed media business while I'm seriously behind, or to just jump in headfirst and go wild with it.   Go on, tell me, in your opinion, which would be the better option - Crazy option, or sane option?
Tweet this!


Crazy?

Sane?

Crazy?

Sane? 


When you've worked out which option is crazy and which is sane, please be sure to let me know. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for reading and taking the time to comment. I get so excited and love reading what you have to say!