Sunday 29 January 2012

Lazy! Who Me?

OK, I admit it.  Most of the time I run around here and there and simply don't stop until my head hits the pillow at night.  But every now and then, usually on a Sunday, I like to have a lazy day.  And I must say I do lazy spectacularly well.  I could compete in the lazy Olympics I tell you!

Are you after some evidence to prove my laziness?  Well, how about it's after 5pm and I'm still in my pyjamas!  I've told my hubby that after I finish writing this post, I'm off to have a shower and get dressed in an attempt to appear civilised.

I must divulge that I truly didn't intend to carry my laziness quite to this extreme.  Honest. I fully intended to just have a lazy lazy morning.  You know the type, eating a late breakfast and reading the newspaper and not bothering to change out of my nightie until ten.

Ten o'clock passed and I suddenly felt inspired to start on this little piece.  Getting carried away, I found I just couldn't stop.

This little chap, a Fairy Wren is actually a mixed media piece, consisting of watercolour and my new pencils, a first time attempt at this style of artistic endeavour for me. I got the idea from looking at Graeme Base (the illustrator/author) who combines these two mediums to create absolutely stunning masterpieces.  

So, what do you think?  Success?  Fail?  Somewhere in between?

Kate had a  lazy day today - what a tweet! :-)

I'm feeling a tad annoyed because I couldn't work out how to get the camera to take a super clear photo of my fairy wren without making the black look over the top black.  Grrrrrrr!  Maybe I'll try again tomorrow.

Oh, and if you are wondering about the background looking textured, that's because I'm experimenting with drawing on rough paper. Guess what I discovered? It's really rough and a cow to try and fill with pigment.  I think I'll think twice before trying this technique on this type of paper in the future.

Anyway, thanks ever so much for stopping by and seeing what I've been up to.  Enjoy your Sunday evening, I'm off to pretend that Monday isn't just around the corner whilst having a long, lazy shower!

Kate
x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for reading and taking the time to comment. I get so excited and love reading what you have to say!