Sunday 10 July 2011

Life Drawing - Making Progress

I'll be quick today, because I'm writing this with a six year old sitting on my lap. It manages to cause all creativity to come to a stand-still, that's for sure!

The inspiration of this pencil on photo-copy paper was taken from a photo featured in the Courier Mail newspaper of two actors performing a famous Chinese play called Rhinoceros in Love.   I loved the raw emotion that was evoked in the picture and thought I'd try to see if I could capture just a little of its essence.


All in all, I really like this drawing and am excited to see that I'm making some progress with my life drawing. 

I hope you can see some improvement too on my earlier attempts these past few months.

Please be sure to come back and see my artistic endeavours throughout the week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for reading and taking the time to comment. I get so excited and love reading what you have to say!