Friday 1 July 2011

Everything & Anything Painting: Step 1 - We Can Have Lots of Fun!

Whilst attending my weekly art class with Ms Kathy,  I decided to become the artistic equivalent of a glutton by combining three forms of style within the one artwork.  Featured here is Step 1 - Blocking in of the background and determining the general layout of the artwork:

*Step 1: We Can Have Lots of Fun... 

I'm hoping that when you look at it, you'll be able to tell that my painting will eventually be a fusion of landscape and abstract styles.  The third style you can't currently see (and will have to take my word for) is the mixed media component I plan to add later on.    I am quite excited by my artwork at this stage - I'm loving the combination of the colours used here and the freedom of the brush strokes.

I'm not going to tell you what sort of a landscape has inspired me.  Yes -  I know -  I'm being incredibly mean.  However, it is only because it's good for you.  (Can you tell that I am on mothering overdrive at the moment?  School holidays will do that to you!) 

I'd really like you to let your imagination fly free as you consider how the finished artwork might look and what inspired me in the first instance.

Have a wonderful weekend everyone, I'll see you next week with more of my artistic musings!

*In case you "wondered" and are smirking or groaning at my title/picture caption - yes, I confess, it is.  And NO(!), I honestly don't know why on earth I have New Kids on the Block on constant replay inside my head at the moment.  All I can say is you can be duly assured that it is driving me crazy!  The compulsion is currently so intense that I felt compelled to sing  Step By Step whilst in the car with the kids today.  The kids just looked at me strangely.  (I so dare you to click the link and double dare you to not start singing as well!)  Surely there has to be a better song that I could get my inner-voice to sing - Ideas?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for reading and taking the time to comment. I get so excited and love reading what you have to say!