Saturday 16 July 2011

It's My Party...


 And I'll paint if I want to.
PaInT if I want to,
PAINT if I want ToooooooooooOOOO - 
You would paint too,
If these were given to yooo-uuuu!

Thank you for the present, my present giver.  x

Woo-hoo!  Check these out...
I simply had no self-control when it came to having an opportunity to finally put some good quality paints to use.  As a result, within an hour of opening the box, I'd started my second ever, still life painting.  The subject was an easy choice, since I loved painting the first one so much. (Well, I enjoyed the first painting with the exception of the plum.  That plum and I did not see eye-to-eye, that's for sure! I'm not sure I'll ever be able to eat one again.)

I think I'll call it Squared Still Life - I'm feeling very clever by economising with a two in one painting! 

I think it's off to an ok start, but it irks me that I can see there is still *so* much left to do in order for me to be happy.  Particularly when hubby is honest and says "I like it, but I'm not sure your apples are looking  like apples." <Sigh>  The truth hurts sometimes.  Well, not that much.  At least he didn't say something like "Your bananas are too round."  Now THAT would have hurt! (I hate bananas.)

Please be sure to come back and visit me in a few days time to see whether I decide I can't "do" apples, but I sure can "do" oranges.  It may happen, purely because I am tempted to disprove the saying "You can't compare apples and oranges".

As always, comments are welcome -  See you round like an apple/orange!  x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for reading and taking the time to comment. I get so excited and love reading what you have to say!