Thursday 4 August 2011

Baa-Baa, Yellow Swirly Sheep

Today's post features three little works of art featuring Baa-Baa, Hoot-Hoot and Boris.  (I'll leave it up to you to work out who is who.)


They are the results of a special commission I received this week to create some artwork for a very loved and adored little boy's bedroom wall.  As he is only just over a week old, I think I can safely say he is my youngest fan! ;-)


I used acrylic paint to create them and made a conscious choice to use a combination of bold colours and simple lines in order to produce three happy animal critters which hopefully will bring a smile to his face when he is a little older.   This was a very interesting experience as it was a quite a different style of painting from what I've tried before.  I am quite happy with the results.




I hope you like them, Olly!


Lots of Love, Aunty Kate
XOXOXO 

7 comments:

  1. omg they are SO cute!! I particularly like the sheep one as I'm a spinner and love anything sheepy. I also love the owl because I developed an owl addiction this year. I have no idea how or why, I just fell in love with owls...... And the cow is just plain cute. Great work! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love those pieces. The lamb is my favorite. I'm sure the little fella will love them too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love all 3 of them!!! Everything about them. Plus the Cow looks so happy :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. For some reason, I've started developing an owlnaddiction too. How strange

    ReplyDelete
  6. You'll be pleased to know that they have been put up on the wall :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay! I'm so glad that you like them and they are up on the wall. I've seen photos and they are really cute! Enjoy, Olly! xo :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for reading and taking the time to comment. I get so excited and love reading what you have to say!