Tuesday 2 August 2011

Oh dear, it's a flop! Watercolour overload

As I haven't tried watercolour for *ages*, I think I'd forgotten why many people call it the hardest style of painting to learn.  In retrospect, I think I was feeling slightly more confident prior to starting than I should have been. Oh well - sometimes you learn more from mistakes than successes, right?  (That's what I'm gonna keep telling myself, anyway!)

They were meant to be blue-bells.  Oh well, can't win  'em all!
Hopefully my next watercolour attempt will finally see some improvement. I'm not going to let this watercolour style beat me - I'm determined that I *will* prevail!  (One-day...)

2 comments:

  1. I don't see this as a flop at all! Lots of paintings have that hazy look where you can see a picture in them if you look carefully, this reminds me of one of those, and I think it's lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, thank you so much for your lovely words and encouragement - it means a lot! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for reading and taking the time to comment. I get so excited and love reading what you have to say!