Tuesday 23 August 2011

Holy Hydrangea!

My goodness, this pastel creation of a 60X50cm hydrangea bloom would have to qualify as the most epic, brain bending and most definitely eye straining work I've completed in quite a long time.  I'd estimate it took me at least 15 hours worth of work to complete.  Frustratingly, it's still at the point where every time I look at the image, I can see another petal needing to be drawn or amended.  Arrrggggh!


Lucky I like blue.  So what do you think?  Do you like it?  Oui?  Non?  (Everything always sounds sophisticated when it's written in French, don't you think?)

Anyway, thanks so much for stopping by and seeing what I've been up to - be sure to stop by and visit again sometime!

 Kate x

1 comment:

  1. Very pretty flowers! I like the different shades of blue (I like blue as well) and the lighting does bring out the dimensional aspect of the picture.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for reading and taking the time to comment. I get so excited and love reading what you have to say!