Wednesday 10 August 2011

Winter Wonderland

Well, It's not really that wonderful, but at as my first ever attempt at a watercolour landscape with quite a few different features, I think it sort of passes. Here you go, have a look:



My inspiration was someone else's I'm afraid - a watercolour study (with accompanying instructions which I mostly ignored - hey I do live in a house filled with males after all!) featured in December 2010 edition of the arty-farty magazine, Leisure Painter.  I must confess I did rush a little at the end.  The kids were hungry and wanted dinner (heaven forbid!), and I felt bored at the prospect of painting delicate grass blades, so I just whacked a few in, here and there.  Naughty, I know.  After reading the magazine in entirety, I'm now starting to think I really need to buy some of that masking agent stuff as it is pretty hard to keep white sections "pure" without it.  I can feel a trip to the art shop coming on.

Anyway, thanks for looking, hope it hasn't given you chills for all the wrong reasons.  I'll see you soon!

x


1 comment:

  1. Love the tree Kate. You sound like me trying to fit your art around the usual household duties. lol
    Keep working away your doing great work.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for reading and taking the time to comment. I get so excited and love reading what you have to say!