Tuesday 30 August 2011

Feeling Nutty About Gumnuts!

I've been feeling a tad guilty that I live in an amazing country with amazing flora and fauna, yet I haven't spent a lot of time creating it through my artwork to date. As such, I really loved the concept of this artwork, where I feature an Aussie native, gumnut blossoms.

Unfortunately in this instance, I'm not happy with the execution.  Here, take a look:






I know, I know......Blerg!






 I must admit that Gosh(!), sometimes it can be hard for the ol' ego to spend time creating an artwork, only for it to be a flop.  Oh well.  C'est la vie.

At times like this, I keep trying to remind myself that my artistic development is a little like a roller-coaster:  After going through lots of turns and twists and loop-di-loops, most of the time you'll finish the ride on a high.  Every now and then however, you can't help but get off the ride and feel like you are going to be sick.*

Maybe I shouldn't have eaten that hot-dog for lunch? Hmmmmm, I wonder...

Anyhoo, here's my next creation being better than the previous. right?!

See you 'round,

Kate

*Don't you just love it when I try to be philosophical?  <tee-hee> ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for reading and taking the time to comment. I get so excited and love reading what you have to say!