Tuesday 16 August 2011

Ebb and Flow

Today's creation features another first for me - an application of Indian Ink!


Ebb and Flow, is a relatively abstract work of art featuring a watercolour under-painting and then a liberal application of ink over the top.

I loved the density of the ink and felt very arty dipping the brush in the little pot and then gently stroking it onto the paper.  It made me wish for the days before the biro was invented!  I must confess however, that using this medium was a little scary, knowing I was just one ink-splot away from ruining the entire painting.

In the end I'm quite pleased with the painting and I must say I really like the fact that it has enough structure that it makes hopefully visual sense, but is "open" in terms of content that it enables the viewer to interpret its lines in different and a personal ways.  How do you interpret it?  Let me know, I'm curious!

Anyway, thanks for coming by and visiting me!  Stay tuned for some pastel creations over the next few days in honour of a special gift I received last week. :-)

Kate
x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for reading and taking the time to comment. I get so excited and love reading what you have to say!