Tuesday 9 August 2011

Watercolour Mayhem

Dear Reader,

Yes, in case you haven't gathered, I confess, I am like a dog with a bone - I am refusing to give up on painting with watercolour until I can finally produce a painting I am happy with.  I'm truly hoping that as you look at my various watercolour offerings, you are observing a steady improvement in my ability.  If not, all I can say is that I am truly trying. (Verrrrrrry trying, as my mother would sometimes say!)



Hopefully you can tell that today's painting features a hibiscus flower, chosen because I love its association with summer and I am feeling sick and tired of winter.

So, you may wonder, what do I think about today's painting?

Well, I know I'm not there yet, but I do feel my technique is continuing to improve thank goodness. Particularly when you compare it to this.  See what I mean?  (Are you nodding your head in agreement?  I can't tell!)

Anyway, I hope, perchance it has brightened your day!  Be sure to visit again to see if I can experience my very own personal My Fair Lady moment.

Splotchily yours

Kate
x

1 comment:

Thank you very much for reading and taking the time to comment. I get so excited and love reading what you have to say!